Smith’s fan convectors are textbook success for school library
Published: 02 February, 2017
Smith’s Caspian low-level fan convectors provided the heating solution for the refurbished library of Ashlyns School in Berkhamsted, Herts. They replaced three old and dysfunctional fan heaters and a radiator. Caspian high-level fan convectors were originally considered for this project but changed to low-level units because the existing pipework could not be changed.
The previous heaters were very old and ineffective at achieving the temperature required to heat the library successfully. The Smith’s heaters were chosen for their ability to heat large spaces quickly and effectively, their compatibility with the existing heating system and low noise.
Caspian low-level heaters have a number of features that are important in a school environment. They are fitted with tamper-proof controls and ‘pencil-proof’ grills. They also have a low surface temperature, which is an inherent feature of all fan convectors.
All Smith’s products come with a free 5-year warranty for parts and labour.For more information on this story, click here: Feb 2017, 123
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show