BACnet standard is updated
Published: 02 February, 2017
The BACnet Interest Group Europe (BIG-EU) has announced the release of BACnet Standard ASHRAE 135-2016, four years after the publication of the last version. A multitude of additions and revisions have been included in 400 additional pages.
Among the most important developments are BACnet’s support for IPv6 networks and RESTful Web Services, a further step toward equipping the BACnet protocol for future developments in information technology. Additional functionalities for elevator and lighting controls have also been added.
The expanded standard includes 30 additions and revisions to help BACnet satisfy the requests that have appeared as a result of the growing expansion of the standard to more and more-varied buildings and properties.
Conceived in 1995 by ASHRAE as a protocol for open and interoperable building automation, the BACnet standard has been continuously updated and improved upon.
BACnet has come to include functionalities for the monitoring and control of heating, ventilation, climate, fire protection, security systems, energy management, lighting controls, access control and elevator monitoring.
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show