SES completes major student accommodation
Published: 02 March, 2017
SES Engineering Services has completed a £6.5 million contract to provide a full range of M&E services for the £30 million student residences at the University of Hull. The company was appointed by main contractor Sewell Construction for the project, which included the installation of building-management systems, heating, ventilation, CCTV and access systems, as well as small power and lighting and dry risers.
The Courtyard has created 560 bedrooms across nine blocks. Each block contains four single-bedroom penthouse apartments with studio apartments in clusters of four. Most of the accommodation is set out over 8-bed clusters around shared kitchen facilities and live/learn space.
The main reception building houses a small library, Master Chef-style kitchen, multi-function room with audio-video fit-out and a lounge.
SES used its Prism facility to prefabricate risers, plantrooms and service modules and applied a structured and disciplined approach throughout the build programme.
SES business director north, Steve Joyce said, ‘This is the latest project in a growing line of student accommodation developments we have been involved with, and with each one we learn something new to take to the next scheme. The Hull student accommodation project really benefited from our offsite capabilities, which was crucial in meeting the client’s need for a quick turnaround.’
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show