Inspection technology boost for George Fischer joint performance
Published: 02 March, 2017
George Fischer has enhanced the value of its HDPE pipe systems with the development of what is claimed to be the world’s first non-destructive testing (NDT) regime for HDPE products, which allows the manufacturer to issue a fit-for-service certificate on Electrofusion and butt-weld joints.
Contractors already benefitted from the inclusion of a completion indicator on couplings such as tees or crosses, and the new service offers complete peace of mind for the whole project team regarding the quality of the finished installation.
Importantly, GF Pipe Systems new ultrasonic-based non-invasive testing will enable the company’s recognised partner provide a responsive on-site service that can check 20 to 30 separate welds per day. the pass/fail report can include details of any discontinuities detected by the scanners and is accompanied by a 10-year guarantee.For more information on this story, click here: March 2017, 167
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show