Contactless monitoring of AC and DC current
Published: 02 March, 2017
Carlo Gavazzi’s CPA series of power analysers for monitoring DC and single-phase AC use a contactless Hall effect sensor to measure current from 50 to 300 A AC and 50 to 400 A DC. A single device provides a flexible solution for monitoring AC and DC power without having to cut into the cable being monitored.
The built-in Modbus/RTU communication port for RS485 avoids all the standard problems of analogue-signal communications. A comprehensive range of variables can be measured — such as V, A, W, var, VA, kWh, PF, Hz and THD.
There are four mounting options to suit any installation — DIN, panel, vertical or horizontal.The plug ’n’ play setup uses Carlo Gavazzi’s universal configuration software and is fully compatible with the VMUC-EM energy-management solution.
The CPA series ensures optimal performance in applications such as monitoring solarPV, charging batteries, monitoring AC and DC motors, conventional energy for commercial and industrial us as well as energy-service companiesFor more information on this story, click here: March 2017, 161
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show