Video explains benefits of air-intake screens
Published: 02 March, 2017
ECEX has produced a 3-minute video explaining how its air-intake screens can help reduce the maintenance of HVAC plant and increase energy efficiency. They can be applied to air-handling units, chillers, condensers, cooling towers etc.
These air-intake screens are long-lasting external protection filters made from a distinctive mesh that traps airborne debris such as leaves, pollen and dust to prevent it clogging condenser coils and air intakes.
The video outlines their features and benefits and includes a case study that focuses on chillers located at a critical site which were struggling to perform adequately because of fouled coils.
The video explains that because of local site conditions, including dust from a nearby waste-management plant and general city debris, the coils would require attention almost as soon as they were cleared.
Finally, the video covers the installation of air-intake screens — either in-house or by the experienced ECEX site team.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show