Underfloor for outdoor centre
Published: 15 October, 2010
Rehau partner White Underfloor Heating has installed almost 1000 m2 of underfloor heating at the newly opened Tollymore National Outdoor Centre.
The £5 million centre is sited on the edge of the Mourne Mountains in Ireland. The main building includes meeting areas, training rooms and residential accommodation. A lower ground floor area houses changing rooms, shower facilities and a rolling pool for canoe training. It is here that Rehau underfloor heating has been installed along with 6,000 m of hot and cold water supply.
The project has been built with close attention paid to its impact on the environment and includes a biomass boiler as the heat source for the underfloor heating. The project also uses solar panels and rainwater recycling. The project has achieved a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show