Holiday Inn style
Published: 15 October, 2010
The Holiday Inn at Birmingham Airport is enjoying green and sustainable heating thanks to the installation of flat-panel solar collectors from MHS Boilers.
The hotel is also using four floor-standing condensing boilers from MHS, along with hot-water cylinders. The hotel has recently undergone significant redevelopment, adding 103 rooms, as well as a conference area, meeting rooms, leisure facilities and restaurant. All the work had to be carried out while maintaining services to the hotel at all times.
The solar collectors are a low-cost system that serve as a backup for domestic hot water generation. The size of the panels and flexible mounting make installation easy – they can be mounted on tiled or flat roofs.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show