New on the Bloc
Published: 15 October, 2010
Birmingham-based building services provider JS Wright has won a £400,000 contract to provide the mechanical services for a ground-breaking modular hotel scheme in the city’s Jewellery Quarter.
The Aston-based company is to design and install the latest energy saving heating and ventilation systems for the new Bloc Hotel to be built at Caroline Street. The 73-bed four-storey boutique hotel is being constructed using the latest sustainable construction materials and techniques. The property is scheduled to open in early 2011.
The hotel’s rooms will be prefabricated off-site to reduce time, noise and disruption levels. The exterior walls will make first use within the UK hotel industry of a new style of long-lasting weather-resistant clay brickwork.
JS Wright will also be plumbing all the bedrooms on a pod-by-pod basis before being assembled, enabling work on site to be completed in just weeks.
Marcus Aniol, JS Wright Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to have been awarded this prestigious contract for such an exciting new hotel concept that is likely to become a blueprint for sustainable development.”
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show