Lochinvar ensures warm reception at YHA Keswick
Published: 17 February, 2007
Efficient space heating for the modernised YHA Keswick in Cumbria is provided by a modulating condensing boiler supplied by Lochinvar. The CP-M100 gas-fired wall-hung boiler heats the 85-bed building and achieves an efficiency of up to 109.5% net.
This boiler has a pre-mix burner and minimal NOx emissions. The temperature of the flue gases can be as low as 50°C for most of the operating time.
The refurbishment took six months and is expected to increase the hostel’s rating from one to four stars. It is situated on the banks of the River Greta. and its facilities include common room, cycle hire, catering and Internet access.
The boiler was specified by Brentwood Design Services of Harrogate and installed in the ground-floor plant room by Gilwood Engineering Services of North Shields.
The project follows the recent installation of Lochinvar condensing boilers for heating water at the YHA Whitby Abbey.
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show