Vaillant thrilled the radio star
Published: 09 January, 2009
A recent customer for Vaillant’s ecoTEC plus 837 high-efficiency combination boiler is Northern Ireland radio and television personality George Jones.
The boiler has been installed in a new bungalow in the countryside just outside Belfast. George Jones says of the bungalow, ‘It has been designed by local architects and is open plan with wooden beams. We have a wonderful panoramic view of the surrounding countryside.
‘We decided we wanted something different when it came to the heating system, and Plumb Center recommended a Vaillant boiler to go with the underfloor heating we wanted. Our plumber agreed, and as we’d already had a Vaillant boiler in our previous home, we felt very comfortable with that suggestion.’
Local heating engineer Dougie Burrows, trading as T McCleave, installed the boiler — which serves both radiators and underfloor heating. There is underfloor heating in the kitchen, bathroom and hall, with radiators in the rest of the bungalow.
George Jones was with BBC Ulster radio for 25 years. He now works for Ulster Television and new local independent radio station U105FM.For more information on this story, click here: Jan 09, 86
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show