Energy-efficient continuous mechanical ventilation
Published: 10 November, 2009
The Lo-Carbon Centra extract fan from Vent-Axia is an extremely quiet solution for continuous mechanical extract ventilation and is claimed to have the lowest specific fan power on SAP Appendix Q for new-build developments. Centra is said to be capable of achieving energy savings of up to 80% compared with traditional AC-powered fans.
These fans are designed for new-build homes and have adjustable ‘normal’ running speeds, making them suitable for continuous extract in kitchens, bathrooms, en-suites and utility rooms. Developers thus require only one fan type for any dwelling.
Centra fans have 100 mm spigots like traditional intermittent extract fans. Switched live input enables them to be boosted by a range of Vent-Axia switches and sensors, or a single light switch.For more information on this story, click here: Nov09, 182
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show