Shorts launches biomass supply and install package
Published: 05 January, 2012
Shorts Environmental offers a one-stop shop for the supply, installation and ongoing maintenance of biomass boilers According to Mark Wilson, regional sales manager with the company, a biomass system is the runaway winner in any contest for lowest running costs. As such, he is convinced that end users, architects and specifiers will be looking beyond initial installation costs to the quite substantial operating gains achieved in lifetime savings — especially with income from the Renewable Heat Incentive.
His figures indicate that the £250 000 capital cost of a boiler running for 1040 h a year will be paid back in about eight years and that there would be a cash benefit of over £500 000 after a 20-year life.
Mark Wilson also explains that biomass boilers can easily be retrofitted and provide an ideal solution for hospital, schools and other large public-sector buildings. They are said to be an excellent option for buildings without mains gas.For more information on this story, click here: January 2012, 109
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show