Fenwick store keeps its cool
Published: 09 May, 2012
When the Fenwick store in Tunbridge Wells urgently needed to replace its chillers, Weatherite Building Services’ ability to act as main contractor paid dividends for the client. WBS not only provided a more energy efficient and quieter solution, but project managed the entire process including liaison with the local authority on a road closure to ensure delivery of the programme.
Located in the Westfield shopping centre, Royal Victoria Place, Fenwick Tunbridge Wells offers three floors of contemporary shopping and a restaurant. The store’s two existing York air-cooled package chillers were operating on R22 refrigerant and had partially failed, resulting in a significant loss of cooling performance to the store.
WBS had to find an energy-efficient chiller with an improved COP, a noise level 5 dB(A) lower than the existing units and capable of operating in high ambient conditions up to 35°C, whilst also being the most cost effective solution.
WBS specified two new AquaCiat LD air-cooled packaged models that with an ESEER value of 4.29 will be more energy efficient and give improved performance providing an enhanced rating of 560 kW each. The Ciat chillers fit in the existing compound footprint and using multiple scroll compressors to reduce the risk of total cooling failure and running costs. They were supplied with an extended warranty service contract which will reduce the maintenance budget.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show