Micronics helps to size replacement system for domestic hot water
Published: 08 March, 2013
When managers at an acute district general hospital in Bedfordshire wanted to understand the consumption of hot water to enable requirements to be identified for replacing equipment with the most energy-efficient solution, ETA Energy Systems was called in. Peter Richardson, managing director of ETA, explains, ‘During our assessment of the hospital’s needs, we established full weekly hot-water consumption profiles, allowing equipment to be accurately selected and specified for the replacement project.
‘Having considered various measurement alternatives, two Micronics PF330 meters were selected due to the ease of installation and the maintenance and service benefits provided by this technology.’
Micronics was selected as the supplier for its extensive experience with clamp-on ultrasonic flow-measurement technology and competitive pricing compared to similar- technology solutions.
The specialist Micronics clamp-on flow meters used for this project have integral loggers and software.
The meters were installed at a number of locations for a trial period to determine the appropriate size of new equipment and ensure it is the most efficient possible for the task. Staff will be able to monitor flow rates and calculate and, therefore, cost and carbon-footprint implications.For more information on this story, click here: March 2013, 103
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show