Reject heat is saved to defrost food storage
Published: 05 June, 2014
Frigesco’s flash-defrost system for cold rooms and refrigerated cabinets has won an international award at Clean Equity Monaco 2014. The system uses a phase-change material to store heat rejected by the refrigeration system in normal operation and uses it to defrost evaporators without the need for additional energy.
The phase-change system increases efficiency and adds a sub-cooling effect to increase energy savings.
Another potential benefit is reduced equipment capital costs owing to the design optimisation possible with flash defrost. Maximum electrical demand can also be reduced.
This patented technology is said to reduce running costs for refrigeration systems by up to 25% and extend the life of plant. The innovation was developed by a team headed by Prof. Tom Davies. It beat 22 rival entries from 11 countries to win the top accolade for Excellence in the Field of Environmental Technology Development.For more information on this story, click here: June 2014, 84
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show