Lochinvar introduces absorption heat pump
Published: 07 October, 2015
Lochinvar’s Optimus range of gas absorption heat pumps can deliver outputs of up to 41.7 kW and is capable of operating in ambient temperatures as low as -20°C. These heat pumps can achieve efficiencies of up to 152% with a flow temperature of up to 65°C for space heating and up to 70°C for domestic hot water.
They are usually installed outdoors, but an indoor option is available. Factory-assembled skid packages are available with two to five units and come pre-piped, pre-wired and complete with external sensors and cascade control. Optimus is designed to operate continuously, including in defrost mode.
The refrigerant is a mixture of water and ammonia, which attracts more BREEAM credits
They can use natural gas or propane as the fuel.For more information on this story, click here: October 2015, 100
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show