Air curtains for warehouses save energy and improve comfort
Published: 01 April, 2016
Air curtains over or beside large doors in warehouses can cut energy loss through open doorways by over 80% — according to Airbloc, which supplies air curtains for such applications. Comfort is also improved. Internal temperatures can drop by 4 to 10 K every time a warehouse door is opened. With an air curtain, the difference is normally just 1 K.
Airbloc air curtains deliver a uniform flow of air to separate indoors and outdoors, maintain the internal climate, offer significant cost savings and vastly improve comfort.
Over-door air curtains induce warm air down from high level, reducing heat loss through the roof. Recent developments include a fresh design that promotes laminar airflow and includes deep-profile aerofoil-section air-straightening vanes; these features improve climate separation between indoor and outdoor environment.For more information on this story, click here: April 2016, 83
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show