Heat pump is paired with Smith’s fan convectors
Published: 03 August, 2016
EcoPowerad fan convectors from Smith’s have been paired with an air-source heat pump for a new heating system to replace an oil-fired boiler and radiators in a home in Norfolk. The fan convectors have been installed in downstairs rooms, with traditional radiators upstairs in the bedrooms.
The system was installed by Miller Installations. Its owner Peter Miller had considered alternative heat emitters such as smart radiators, but they were too expensive. The home has solid walls, and Mr Miller had seen heat-pump projects in similar homes where standard radiators with huge dimensions had been recommended — as large as 3 x 2 m.
The home already had reasonable insulation and double glazing. Using the fan convectors enabled the heat pump to operate at low water temperatures to maximise efficiency.For more information on this story, click here: August 2016, 82
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show