Automatic switch load control eliminates LED glow and flicker
Published: 03 August, 2016
Timeguard’s ZV900 makes it possible to control LED and CFL lighting with smart switches without flicker or glow or prematurely burning out the switches. The device controls the switch load across a whole switching circuit. Once connected, it slips neatly through a standard 50 mm ceiling aperture.
Smart switches are typically designed as direct replacements for standard 2-wire light switches. The small current that they draw through the live connection can cause LED and CFL lighting to glow and flicker, which the Timeguard device prevents.
It also protects against the high inrush currents when LEDs are switched on, which can damage many switches — boosting the switching capability of most smart switches to 200 W.
The device itself consumes less than 1 W and can be used in new installations and retrofitted.For more information on this story, click here: August 2016, 108
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show