BFCMA releases guide to commercial flues
Published: 02 November, 2016
Designed to provide a clearer understanding of how chimneys and flues should be selected and installed in commercial applications is the new ‘Commercial flue guide’ from the British Flue & Chimney Manufacturers’ Association (BFCMA). It runs to 15 pages and is available as a pdf download.
The guide is split into a number of sections and covers chimney principles, regulations, types of chimney and flue, chimney and flue design, chimney/flue height and the Clean Air Act, and maintenance.
The guide focuses its attention on stainless-steel flues, the most commonly used material in the chimney and flue market. Stainless-steel flues are categorised into different systems, and the guide clearly outlines the applications they are designed for.
BFCMA vice president Dennis Milligan says, ‘Selecting the correct chimney or flue for the application is of vital importance, and a raft of factors needs to be taken into consideration.
There are many clearly labelled diagrams and illustrations.
‘This guide helps to make sense of design features, regulations and other key elements — encouraging best practice across the industry. It is a must read for anyone involved in the selection and installation of chimneys in a commercial setting.’
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show