Waterloo Air Products boosts factory capacity
Published: 04 January, 2017
Waterloo Air Products has enlarged and reorganised its factory in response to a significant increase in sales volumes for its air terminal devices. 1000 m2 of space has been added, with extra manufacturing workstations, additional warehousing for storing materials and finished products, a revamped paint shop and a doubling in the packing area. The team grew by 25% in the second half of the year.
Rick Edmondson, company chairman, said, ‘Customer support is key, and this latest investment is all about delivering the best possible service. We’re seeing increased interest across our entire range, including standard and custom-designed products, so we’re manufacturing a broader mix of air-terminal devices. That means more painting, more packing and more deliveries.’
New equipment includes a high-capacity programmable cross-cut saw to support precise manufacturing and a new packing machine. Major additions to the paint shop include a new drying oven, auto-spraying equipment, waste-recovery system and a manual booth for short-run orders.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show