Textile ducting solves comfort issues
Published: 04 January, 2017
Uncomfortable and uneven air distribution at Macmillan Publishing have been solved with the design and installation of a fabric ducting system by Prihoda. The problem space has three fan-coil units in an arrangement that caused draughts in some areas and hot spots in others.
Relocating the FCUs would have been a major task, and altering the original ductwork would still have caused draught pockets— as well as looking unattractive.
Prihoda fabric ducting was seen as the best solution to provide a ventilation system with a consistent delivery of air velocity and an even temperature gradient.
A problem identified during the survey stage was for each fabric duct having to avoid existing services and having to fit between structural steelwork and a cable tray.
The installation has been successful. Once the system had been inflated, the air in the room became evenly cooled.For more information on this story, click here: January 2017, 130
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show