Press-in connector for thick steel pipe
Published: 02 February, 2017
Viega now offers its Megapress press-in connection in the UK. The system makes it a simple job to add extra sensors, thermometers, drainage valves or pipe connections to thick-walled pipe. A press-in connection can be installed in a couple of minutes, with an estimated time saving of 80% compared to welding a connection.
The compact size of the connector enables branches to be added in areas that are hard to access or where space around the pipework is limited.
There are three stages to fitting a press-in connector.
First, the drilling guide is secured around the pipe in the correct location.
The drill is then used to bore the required hole in the pipe while a suction device ensures that no swarf enters the pipe.
Finally, the connector is pressed onto the pipe. A positioning aid prevents slippage during pressing, enabling the exact orientation of the pipe to be determined.
A connection can be used immediately after it has been installed.For more information on this story, click here: February 2017, 89
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show