Calorex tackles leisure centre humidity issue
Published: 02 March, 2017
As soon as visitors arrive at the Holiday Inn at Shepperton they are immediately impressed with the view of the facilities in the leisure club, which include this swimming pool and a spa facility. However, until recently the view through the main windows was obstructed by condensation — that is until a Calorex Delta dehumidification system was installed.
Timothy Biss of Kew Green Hotel Group, which operates the hotel, said, ‘The Delta is doing a fantastic job. We are delighted with the improvements it has made, and the results are so noticeable — even before you step into the building.
‘When you arrive at the hotel, you can view the main windows of the leisure club from the car park. I remember visiting the hotel to start work on installing the new Delta and you couldn’t even see anything inside from the steam and condensation on window.
‘Now when you pull up outside the hotel, you’re greeted by a more welcoming view and some of the great swimming-pool and facilities inside.’
A week was set aside for the unit to be installed. However, the old dehumidification unit was removed on a Tuesday and the new system was up an running by the Thursday.For more information on this story, click here: March 2017, 127
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show