G&H to install solarPV for major retail scheme
Published: 02 February, 2017
The sustainability division of G&H Group has won a contract to design and install solar panels for the £140 million Rushden Lakes shopping and leisure scheme being built in Northamptonshire. The company will install some 600 solar panels across 667 m2 for roof space.
The scheme is being developed by LXB Retail and funded by the Crown Estate to create 37 000 m2 of new retail, leisure and accommodation.
The site has a picturesque lake, and leisure activities will include canoeing and wakeboarding. There will be a boathouse, restaurants and visitor centre overlooking the water.
The solarPV array will cut energy use by over 140 MWh a year.
G&H is managing the entire process — from creating the initial designs, integrating with structural and roof-cladding requirements, arranging all G59 authorisations, installing the system and providing a site-wide web-based energy-monitoring system.
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show