Andrews Boiler Hire gives students an early move-in date
Published: 02 March, 2017
Despite its considerable experience in providing temporary heating solutions, engineers from Andrews Boiler Hire often comes across a new challenge — such as providing a hot-water and heating solution to part of a Scottish university campus to enable it to be used before a gas supply could be connected to the permanent boiler that had already been installed.
Andrews Boiler Hire was called in, and, following a site survey it was decided that a 500 kW boiler with a 3000 l fuel tank would ensure that a large accommodation block for students had an adequate supply of heating and hot water. Groundworks going on nearby prevented the temporary boiler being installed in the designated plant room.
Another location was found a short distance away. Unfortunately, it was on the opposite side of a main construction-site access road. By erecting scaffolding across the road, Andrews’ engineers were able to run water hoses directly into the campus plant room and tap into existing pipework.
The boiler hire was originally expected to last six weeks, but the temporary kit remained in place for almost three months whilst groundworks were completed.For more information on this story, click here: March 2017, 128
- 23 March, 2017Pump Industry Awards
- 29 March, 2017, 9:30Data centre design and energy effiicency
- 31 March, 2017Annual awards of the Commissioning Specialists' Association - closing date for entries
- 11 May, 2017BCIA Awards 2017
- 17 - 18 May, 2017PHEX+
- 23 - 24 May, 2017Edie Live
- 15 June, 2017 - 23:55CSA Awards
- 12 - 14 September, 2017The Energy Event
- 22 - 23 November, 2017EMEX
- 23 - 25 January, 2018HVAC & Refrigeration Show