Rosslyn Chapel begins a new chapter
To cope with the 70 000 visitors to Rosslyn Chapel in Roslin village near Edinburgh, largely prompted by the starring role it played in ‘The da Vinci code’, major refurbishment and upgrading of the infrastructure is near to completion. The chapel dates back to 1446 and has been a popular tourist attraction for many years.
An important element of the work was to stabilise the internal temperature and provide back-up services that are now key to such an important landmark. That work included Grundfos working with contractor PS Scotland from Glasgow to offer a turnkey solution based on energy-efficient pumps, including Alpha2 and Magna circulators, TPE centrifugal pumps, a Hydro Multi-E booster set, an IMpress pressurisation set and various ancillary items.
The complete project cost £13 million.